Contact Hours : 1
Best-Practice Prescribing and Drug Diversion Training for West Virginia Nurses (1 Hour) is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: March 01, 2021
Contact Hours: 1
Mandatory West Virginia Nursing Ceu.
1 contact hour of training on misuse/abuse of prescription drugs and drug diversion. Fulfills the West Viriginia BON requirement. Continuing education course includes chronic pain management, prescription drug and opioid abuse, and WV evidence-based guidelines for best-practice prescribing.
Learning Outcome and Objectives:
Upon completion of this continuing education course, you will be prepared to help prevent prescription drug abuse and diversion through dissemination and implementation of evidence-based information about the current prescription drug abuse epidemic, challenges in managing chronic pain, and best practices for prescribing controlled substances. Specific learning objectives include:
• Discuss trends in prescription drug abuse and diversion.
• Identify risk factors for potential misuse/abuse of prescribed pain medications.
• Describe the classes of and sources for drugs that are most commonly abused and/or diverted.
• Summarize CDC guidelines for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.
• Discuss West Virginia Safe and Effective Management of Pain (SEMP) guidelines.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Pharmacy and Medicine, Pain Management
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||01 Mar,2021||USD 10.00|
SpecialtiesPharmacy and Medicine, Pain Management
Contact Hours 3
Contact Hours 4
Contact Hours 2
Contact Hours 9
Contact Hours 3
Contact Hours 6
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine