Basic Training in EMDR Therapy (Jun 05 - 06, 2021)
BBS: The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now recognizes CPA continuing education credit for license restoration for LCSWs, LPCs, and MFTs. For California, the course meets the qualifications for 47.5 hours of continuing education credit for LPCs, MFT's and LCSW's as dictated by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Andrew M. Leeds, Ph.D., and Sonoma Psychotherapy Training Institute maintain responsibility for this program and its content. CPA Provider # SON012.
NBCC: 47.5 clock hours. Andrew M. Leeds has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6093. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Andrew M. Leeds is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
CPA Accredited: Sonoma Psychotherapy Training Institute is accredited by the California Psychological Association (CPA) to implement continuing professional education for psychologists. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) accepts CPA continuing education credit for license renewal for LCSWs and MFTs. Sonoma Psychotherapy Training Institute reserves responsibility for this program and its contents. 47.5 hours of continuing education credit for California licensed psychologists.
Four, two-day training modules are spread over a twelve-week period.
Modules are three to four weeks apart to provide time to practice new skills and study course readings.
There are focused periods of lecture, practice, and consultation.
• Participants will explain fundamental principles of the Adaptive Information Processing Model and the elements of Shapiro’s (2018) and Leeds’s (2016) models of maladaptive memory networks.
• Participants will discover whether clients meet standardized criteria for readiness for EMDR reprocessing or need extended preparation.
• Participants will use standardized assessment tools or structured interviews to screen all prospective clients for dissociative disorders before using any bilateral stimulation procedures.
• Participants will outline a framework for case conceptualization and will organize and implement a planned sequence of targets for EMDR reprocessing.
• Participants will explain the purpose and carry out with adequate fidelity each of the steps in the Assessment Phase (Three) and the Reprocessing Phases (Four, Five, and Six) of the standard EMDR procedural steps.
• Participants will contribute effective stabilization and manualized EMDR therapy to individuals suffering from civilian and combat PTSD, panic attacks, and specific phobias of traumatic origin.
• Participants will acknowledge when to offer an interweave selected from the themes of Responsibility, Safety, and Choice and when to “stay out of the way.”
- Hours : 47.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine