Bariatric Surgery and Osteoporosis
Bariatric Surgery and Osteoporosis is organized by National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF).
Initial Date: May 17, 2019
Expiration Date: Dec 31, 2021
The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The National Osteoporosis Foundation is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The National Osteoporosis Foundation designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing nursing education credit(s)
Other healthcare providers will also be able to receive a certificate of completion; nurse practitioners and physician assistants may request an AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ certificate of participation.
This session will discuss bariatric surgery and osteoporosis along with the clinical recommendations.
• Describe the variable impact of different bariatric procedures on bone metabolism
• Define fracture risk after bariatric surgery
• Review clinical recommendations for management of skeletal health after bariatric surgery
• Potential mechanisms of bone loss after bariatric surgery
- Hours : 1
- Credits : 1
- CME : 1
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine