Ayurvedic Medicine: Ancient Foundations of Health Care by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC
Ayurvedic Medicine: Ancient Foundations of Health Care is organized by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC.
Expiration Date: February 5, 2021
• Contact Hours: 3.00
• AOTA CEUs: 0.30
Ayurvedic medicine is a highly sophisticated religion, philosophy, and system of medicine that has been practiced in India for over 2,500 years. As with other forms of complementary and alternative medicine, it focuses on the whole individual and one’s relationship to one’s environment. Health, vitality, and longevity are achieved through a balance within the body and between the body and the external environment.
The outcome of this course is for the learner to describe the basics of Ayurvedic medicine, including principles of Ayurvedic medicine, causes of disharmonies and diseases, diagnostic methods, and treatment methods.
Upon completion you will be able to do the following:
• Define Ayurveda and describe the origins of Ayurvedic medicine.
• Explain the five elements of Ayurveda.
• Describe the tridoshas.
• Explain the relationship of the tridoshas to an individual's characteristics and health.
• Describe the three gunas.
• Identify the roles of the seven dhatus.
• Identify the roles of the three malas.
• Define ojas and their roles.
• Describe agni and srotas.
• Describe the three causes of disease according to Ayurvedic medicine.
• State the six stages of the disease process in Ayurvedic medicine.
• Describe the diagnostic techniques used by the Ayurvedic practitioner.
• Explain the treatment modalities used in Ayurvedic medicine and the importance of their timing when utilized.
• Explain the educational standards relevant to Ayurvedic medicine practitioners in the United States today.
- Contact Hours : 3
- CEUs : 0.3
Nurses, health care professionals, and interested individuals
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 1 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine