An Interprofessional Approach: The Patient After Stroke Course for Physical Therapy
An Interprofessional Approach: The Patient After Stroke for Physical Therapy is organized by ContinuingEducation.com - OnCourse Learning Corporation.
Course Originally Released on: 6/3/2013
Date of Most Recent Review: 12/14/2018
Course Termination/Update Date: 12/14/2021
Physical Therapy (1.00 Hour(s))
Coordination among nurses and rehabilitation professionals is imperative to improving the lives and outcomes of patients after a stroke. Each specialty has important, unique functions to perform, requiring careful management by a unified team. This module will focus on the role of nurses, speech-language pathologists, and physical and occupational therapists both as an individual healthcare discipline and as a team member in the care of patients following stroke.
The goal of this program is to provide healthcare professionals with information about an interprofessional approach to care of patients after stroke. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
• Identify the stroke nurse’s role from admission to discharge
• Discuss the role of the speech-language pathologist in treatment of speech, cognition, communication, and swallowing disorders characteristic of patients poststroke
• Describe the role of the physical and occupational therapist in improving the functional outcomes of patients poststroke
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- Hours : 1
The target audience for this medical event is an interprofessional audience, including nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech language pathologists.
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 2 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine