EMap-Emergency Medicine – Adult and Pediatrics: Endocrine Emergencies; Surgical Emergencies; Pediatric Emergency Radiology is organized by American Medical Seminars (AMS), Inc. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Original Release Date: July 1, 2019
Expiration Date: July 1, 2022
Topics & Objectives:
TOPIC 1: Endocrine Emergencies:
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP, GL
• Develop, using the latest evidence and the ADA position statement, a comprehensive treatment plan for diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA).
• Compare and contrast DKA and hyperosmolar non-ketotic states (HHNK).
• Detect adrenal insufficiency and formulate an efficient treatment plan.
• Construct treatment algorithms as per the AACE guidelines, for the management of thyrotoxicosis, hyperthyroidism and thyroid storm.
TOPIC 2: No Time to Waste – Surgical Emergencies:
Upon completion of this session, using information from review articles, the participant should be able to: EBM, COMP
• Based on a child’s presenting signs and symptoms suggestive of a surgical emergency, make rapid management decisions based upon referenced Evidence Based Medicine and validated clinical prediction rules.
• Administer appropriate diagnostic studies in the evaluation of children with surgical emergencies.
• Avoid activities that will result in a delayed diagnosis for children with surgical emergencies.
TOPIC 3: Pediatric Emergency Radiology:
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP
• Assess the radiographic findings after case description.
• Diagnose various pediatric conditions after case description and radiographic assessment.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.