Alternative Medicine in Rehabilitation Part 1: Body-Based Therapies is organized by AAACEUs. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 22 credit Hours.
Part 1: Body-Oriented Therapies
• CranioSacral Therapy
• Chiropractic Therapy
• Massage Therapy
• The Feldenkrais Method
• Yoga Therapy for Neurologic Illness
• Tai Chi
Part 2: Mind / Body Therapies
• Clinical Hypnosis
• The Placebo Effect
• Describe the benefits/mechanisms of Craniosacral Therapy
• Describe the Feldenkrais Method and all its components
• List the benefits of Yoga Therapy
• Discuss the benefits of Tai Chi on the patient's health and well being
• Describe how Clinical Hypnosis fits into the Holistic Health Model
• Explain the healing principles realted to Meditation and discuss the physiological effects of meditation.
• Describe the concept of Biofeedback, and it's mechanisms for treatment.
Describe the following methods of psychotherapy:
• Counseling, Supportive therapy,
• Nondirective therapy,
• Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Alternative Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation