Advanced Musculoskeletal (MSK) Ultrasound Applications - Online Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc.
Advanced Musculoskeletal (MSK) Ultrasound Applications Interactive Online Course is designed to provide a comprehensive review of advanced MSK applications to expand and enhance diagnostic capabilities.
Date of Original Release: 7/15/2020
This Edition Valid for Credit Through: 7/15/2023
1 year/365 days of Unlimited Access from the date of purchase. Expires on 2/24/2024 if purchased today.
• Increase the participant's knowledge to better perform and/or interpret musculoskeletal ultrasound examinations
• Recognize ultrasound characteristics associated with various types of tumors and pseudotumors seen with musculoskeletal ultrasound
• Outline the hip anatomy and recognize the ultrasound appearance of the normal hip
• Identify common hip pathology as seen with ultrasound
• Recognize ultrasound characteristics associated with various types of pathology that require dynamic maneuvers to accurately evaluate
• Perform appropriate joint movement, patient positioning, and/or muscle contraction maneuvers to best demonstrate musculoskeletal pathologies
• Recognize ultrasound characteristics associated with post-operative joint procedures
• Apply diagnostic criteria to evaluate post-operative joints using ultrasound techniques
• Evaluate the integrity of the calcaneofibular, anterior inferior tibiofibular, and anterior talofibular ligaments with dynamic ultrasound examination
• Evaluate medial ankle tendons, ligaments, and neurovascular structures with ultrasound
• Demonstrate scanning protocols for performing peripheral nerve ultrasound examinations
• List indications for performing ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve injections for MSK applications
• Demonstrate scanning protocols for performing ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve injections for MSK applications
• Identify the anatomy of the lumbar and cervical spine that are best evaluated with ultrasound.
• Outline ultrasound-guided injection techniques for lumbar and cervical spine interventions.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, techniques & interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy
• Dynamic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Imaging
• Advanced Ultrasound Techniques for the Foot and Ankle
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Hip
• Musculoskeletal Ultrasound for Post-Operative Applications
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Peripheral Nerves and Focal Neuropathies
• Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral Nerve Injections in an MSK Practice
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Spine and Injection Techniques
• MSK Ultrasound of Tumors and Masses