ADHD and Working Memory
ADHD and Working Memory is organized by InQuill Medical Communications, LLC.
Target Audience: Primary Care Providers
Credits: 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
In this one-hour presentation, Joseph Biederman, MD describes the symptoms of working memory deficits as one of a set of Executive Function Deficits (EFDs) that can accompany ADHD and in fact have similar neural correlates in the brain. Dr. Biederman describes these phenomena throughout the lifespan, with research data in children, young adults, and adults.
After completing this activity, the reader should be better able to:
• Describe working memory deficits and distinguish them from ADHD symptoms.
• Identify working memory deficits in patients based on a new understanding of prevalence.
• Successfully refer ADHD patients with suspected working memory deficits to outside professionals for assessment.
• Teach patients and their families about working memory deficits in association with ADHD and raise their awareness and consideration of options.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CME : 1
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine