Addressing Post-Stroke Communication and Swallowing Issues
Addressing Post-Stroke Communication and Swallowing Issues is organized by HomeCEU. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 1 Contact Hours.
Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Speech Language Pathologist, Nurse, Nursing Home Administrator, Social Worker, and Activities Professionals.
Many swallowing and communication deficits might occur following a stroke, depending on the location of the damaged brain tissues. This webinar addresses the types and ranges of such deficits, to include swallowing problems and common post-stroke communication deficits. Signs and symptoms of each disorder and the treatment options will be discussed. The determined treatments and recommendations are based on the specific prognostic factors and on the unique needs and abilities of the clients. The speaker will also suggest helpful tips for the client as well as their friends and family members. Following this course, the attendee will better understand the treatment and recovery parameters of all deficits that can be addressed by the healthcare professional.
This course is intended to instruct the professional on swallowing and communication deficits might occur following a stroke.
At the conclusion of this session, the participant will be able to:
• Identify the prevalence of dysphagia and related factors resulting from stroke in the US.
• List possible signs and symptoms of dysphagia.
• List at least 3 types of therapeutic approaches that a healthcare professional would utilize to treat dysphagia.
• Recognize the assessment and treatment factors the healthcare professional would consider when treating aphasia.
• Differentiate symptoms of dysarthria and apraxia, to best determine communication strategies.
• List types of cognitive deficits that might result from a stroke to specific parts of the brain
• Identify potential voice impairments that might result from a stroke, to include treatment strategies and tips for communication
- Contact Hours : 1
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology