CME : 6
Contact Hours : 6
CEU’s : 6
Acute Care & ICU Rehab: Strategies for the Medically Complex Patient is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Apr 23, 2020. This course has been approved for a maximum of 6.0 contact hours or .6 CEUs / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapy Assistants
• Nurse Practitioners
Explore the latest interventions for improving functional mobility, strength, independence, and outcomes in acute care rehab. Designed for all practice levels, from the new grad to the veteran acute care professional, this hands-on course will provide you with an updated knowledge base for making appropriate decisions within the ICU and acute care environments, implementing assessment and treatment tools, integrating existing treatment plans with progression into the plan of care, and adjusting or accommodating treatment interventions across the hospital stay through transition out of the hospital. Discover the latest assessment techniques and learn how to integrate treatments into rehab plans during acute and post-acute phases. Practice the latest interventions, strategies, and best practices in hands-on labs throughout the day.
Discover new treatments for:
• Early mobilization
• Management of lines, wires and tubes
• Respiratory distress
• Intubation/Vent dependency
• Discharge planning
• Caregiver training
• State the critical elements of analysis and assessment in mobilizing medically fragile patients.
• Develop an appropriate plan of care for patients who present with a criticaly ill cardiac, neurological or respiratory diagnosis.
• Distinguish the characteristics, similarities of, and differences between, medically fragile and general acute care patients and methods to implement successful therapeutic interventions with each.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the outcome tools available for assessment of the acute or critically ill patient.
• Evaluate strategies for addressing the behaviorally challenging patient and successful methods for patient engagement.
• Identify methods to effectively document progression throughout the acute care spectrum.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
SpecialtiesPhysical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine