Accident or Injury? Managing Abuse in Younger Children is organized by University of Arizona College of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education (OCME). This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2 CME Credits.
Current CME Approval Period: November 10, 2018 - November 9, 2020
Original Release Date: November 10, 2010
Most Recent Review by Author: November 10, 2018
Most Recent Review by CME Sponsor: November 10, 2018
As a result of completing this activity, the participant will be better able to:
• Perform appropriate medical evaluations for suspected abuse, including:
○ Obtaining an accurate history.
○ Performing a comprehensive physical exam.
○ Differentiating between accidental and non-accidental injury.
○ Documenting your assessment accurately and comprehensively.
○ Ordering the appropriate screening tests based on clinical presentation.
• Apply your role as a mandated reporter to identify and report cases of suspected child maltreatment to the appropriate agencies.
• Effectively communicate with investigative agencies in child maltreatment cases.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Pediatrics Child Abuse