A Primer on Fasting: Benefits, Drawbacks, and Implementation is organized by Dietitian Central.
Expiration Date: Oct 01, 2023
Planned fasting as a means for improving mind, body, and spiritual health has been around for thousands of years. Awareness and popularity of this approach have increased with books like The Obesity Code and The Fast Diet, but is fasting for everyone, and what sort of results can be expected? This guide to fasting will prepare you for informed discussions with patients, clients, and colleagues and allow you to provide safe, evidence-based recommendations. Learn more about this approach, the evidence supporting its use, and guidelines for implementation and monitoring.
Upon successful completion of this one-hour course, the participant should be able to:
• Describe the historic use of fasting and the types of fasting.
• Discuss the evidence supporting its therapeutic use, specifically in the management of Diabetes, Weight Management, Cognitive Health, and Oncology.
• Identify components required for the successful implementation of fasting including contraindications.
• Review the steps for implementation and monitoring.
• Identify patient and clinician resources.