Utilizing Humor to Improve Pediatric Care is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: May 13, 2021
Course Expires on: May 13, 2024
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
The history of humor, laughter, and overall health has been a part of human civilization for centuries. There are examples throughout ancient history that showcase how people could recognize that a joyful spirit positively affected their health. For example, Greek physicians prescribed a visit to the hall of comedians as a part of the patient healing process. On top of this, 14th-century physicians would utilize humor during surgery to distract their patients, and in many cultures, serviced clowns/jesters would attempt to inspire laughter during procedures (1). As a pediatric health care provider, it’s essential to recognize the importance that humor and laughter can play in the patient’s experience and recovery. Developing skills and/or utilizing available resources can make a real difference for the pediatric patient, family, and community (8).
• Current Practice in Pediatric Care
• Humor Ages and Stages in Pediatric Care
• Humor Resources in Pediatric Care
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Recognize the past and present beliefs about humor and good health.
• Understand the benefits of humor in pediatric care.
• Identify the current practice of humor therapy in pediatrics.
• Recognize the direction of current humor research in pediatrics.
• Differentiate ages, stages, and humor interventions in pediatrics.
• Identify humor resources.
|Registration Name||Category||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||Final Fee||13 May, 2024||USD 30.00|
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss how to utilize humor-based interventions to improve pediatric care. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
Accreditations + Approvals:
• American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
• California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
• Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
• Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
• New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
• Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Toll free Number
Dist of Col, Washington
Nurse Practitioners +1 More