Understanding Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS): Babies Addicted to Drugs is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: May 21, 2021
Course Expires on: May 21, 2024
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) is a growing public health problem in the United States, as it is related to the opioid epidemic. NAS is the leading problem of medical and developmental issues in newborns and can have harmful long-term outcomes. Nurses, especially those who frequently work with neonates and their mothers, need to be aware of this vulnerable population and the specific care that they need. This course will examine the incidence of NAS, the clinical presentation, how to assess NAS, treatments, and long-term outcomes based on research and clinical practice guidelines.
• Incidence of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
• Clinical Presentation
• Neurological Symptoms
• Gastrointestinal Symptoms
• Autonomic Symptoms
• Scoring NAS
• Nonpharmacological Interventions
• Pharmacological Interventions
• Long-term Outcomes
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Explain what Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome is and the corresponding symptomology.
• List both pharmacological and nonpharmacological interventions for treating an infant with neonatal abstinence syndrome.
• Describe the possible long-term outcomes a child could face after a diagnosis of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.