Preventing Medical Errors CME for Physicians is organized by AchieveCE.
• Medical Doctor
• Physician Assistant
This course is designed to provide medical professionals in various roles with a clearer understanding of medical errors, the devastating effects that these errors can have on both patients and health care providers, and how to use root cause analysis to identify and prevent common medical errors.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Define medical error
• Discuss the frequency of medical errors in the United States
• Identify the most common types of medical errors
• Discuss the proper reporting of medical errors
• Describe the role of root cause analysis in identifying and preventing medical errors
• Describe the unique safety needs of special patient populations
• Discuss public perceptions regarding medical errors
• Discuss steps that physicians should take after committing a medical error
Refunds are available if you cancel within 14 days of order confirmation and haven't started any courses. Note that online transaction charges will be deducted. No refund if courses are started during the cancellation period