Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) for West Virginia Nurses: Mental Health Conditions Common to Veterans is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: 2023-08-31
WEST VIRGINIA PTSD - MANDATORY NURSING CEU. Fulfills the requirement for 2 hours of continuing education on mental health conditions common to veterans and family members of veterans. Covers symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder; its impact; procedures for assessing patients with known or suspected PTSD; and care, intervention, and prevention.
Course Learning Objectives:
1) Define posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
2) Summarize the epidemiology and etiology of PTSD.
3) Identify risk factors for developing PTSD.
4) Identify the symptoms and diagnostic criteria.
5) Discuss the impact that caring for a person with PTSD has on family and caregivers.
6) Discuss appropriate assessment and diagnosis of patients with suspected PTSD.
7) Describe current interventions and outcome goals for patients.
Refunds are available if you cancel within 14 days of order confirmation and haven't started any courses. Note that online transaction charges will be deducted. No refund if courses are started during the cancellation period