Patient Preparation and Education in Mammography Course
Patient Preparation and Education in Mammography Course is organized by Medical Professionals.
This Course has been approved for a maximum of 2 Category A CE Credits.
License duration: 6 months from purchase date
A mammogram is the gold standard in diagnosing breast cancer. Patients coming for a mammogram need to experience care, compassion, reassurance, professionalism, education, and often counseling. A mammography technologist often has to provide all these in addition to performing the mammogram.
Preparing for mammography is a very important step and requires good communication with the technologist who will perform it. Communication will relax the patient and reduce the chance of suboptimal imaging of the pectoral muscles. It will also help in identifying sensitive breasts and the reason behind the sensitivity.
For all these reasons, this course was designed to help you understand how to communicate, prepare, and interact with patients, before, during, and after the examination. It will as well tackle around 20 common myths about breast cancer. The Patient Preparation and Education in Mammography Screening course consists of 1 module followed by a post-test.
• Meets the CE requirements of the following states: California, Texas, Florida, Kentucky, Massachusetts, and New Mexico
• Accepted by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
• Meets the ARRT® CE reporting requirements
• Identify the two main types of breast cancer
• Explain common breast cancer treatment
• Differentiate between facts and myths of breast cancer detection, risks or treatment – including their impact on breast cancer research and personal choices
- CE Credits : 2
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine