Medical Errors: Prevention and Patient Safety is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: 2024-05-01
7-contact-hour comprehensive overview on the prevention of medical errors. The course defines the scope of the problem and includes ways to avoid medication errors and medical mistakes. Explore why medical errors are underreported and learn new strategies for how to decrease medical errors, optimize communication, and increase patient safety and quality of care. This course is applicable for nursing, occupational therapy, and physical therapy for CEU credit.
Course Learning Objectives:
1) Define medical errors and associated terminology.
2) Discuss the scope of medical errors in the U.S. healthcare environment.
3) Describe the causes of medical errors.
4) Review the most common medical errors and strategies to prevent them.
5) Summarize the elements of effective clinical communication and documentation.
6) Identify populations with special vulnerability to medical errors.
7) Describe various initiatives of the patient safety movement in healthcare.
8) Discuss healthcare accrediting agency standards and goals as they relate to preventing medical errors.
9) Outline institutional strategies to identify and reduce the risk of medical errors.
Refunds are available if you cancel within 14 days of order confirmation and haven't started any courses. Note that online transaction charges will be deducted. No refund if courses are started during the cancellation period