Measles is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: March 01, 2019
Course Renewed on: March 01, 2022
Course Expires on: March 01, 2025
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Measles (Rubeola) is an infectious virus that affects predominantly children. It can have affect many systems leading to life-threatening pneumonia and/or encephalitis. Many healthcare practitioners are inexperienced the disease as it was rare in the U.S. prior to the current anti-vaccination movement. In this course we will discuss the diagnosis and treatment of Measles. We will discuss strategies used to educate families so that they may make an educated vaccination decision.
• The History of Measles
• Enter the Measles Vaccine
• Signs and Symptoms of Measles
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Measles Spread
• Parent Education and Shared Decision Making
• The Anti-Vaccination Movement and Public Health Implications
• Recent News
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Describe how to recognize, diagnose, and treat measles.
• Identify factors that prevent the spread of a measles epidemic.
• Examine strategies that healthcare workers can use to educate patients.
• Discuss the concerns surrounding the anti-vaccination movement and public health implications.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.