Managing Surgical Site Infections is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: July 28, 2021
Course Expires on: July 28, 2024
Target Audience: Registered Nurses (RN), Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Surgical site infections have the highest mortality rate of all healthcare-associated infections, with a mortality rate of 3% (4, 9, 36). Further, surgical site infections are costly with an estimated total cost of $3.3 billion and approximately one million extra, unnecessary, inpatient days for patients (12, 36). It is vital to utilize evidence-based practice strategies to reduce surgical site infections..
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Describe the epidemiology of surgical site infections.
• Recognize patient risk factors for developing surgical site infections.
• Describe infection prevention practices for the prevention of surgical site infections.
• Describe surgical environment practices for the prevention of surgical site infections.
• Risk Factors for Surgical Site Infections
• Infection Prevention Strategies
• Surgical Environment for Prevention of Surgical Site Infections
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.