Managing Conflict in a Nurse Leader Role is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: July 02, 2021
Course Expires on: July 02, 2024
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Every organization will experience some degree of conflict at one time or another; healthcare is no exception. Uniquely, conflict can create serious issues regarding care delivery, patient safety, and patient outcomes. Other end results include cost impacts related to staff turnover in an already understaffed industry, regulatory fines, and even law suits due to errors; more serious results include psychological impacts on staff members. Characteristics, leadership styles, and the ability to handle conflict are vital to those fulfilling a nurse leader role. This educational course will help you to identify conflict, the components of conflict, reasons for conflict in healthcare as well as management strategies. Conflict management is not just the responsibility of one in a nurse leader role, but that of all team members, especially the registered nurse. “Conflict management helps foster stronger relationships horizontally between employees and vertically between employees and management by increasing awareness and understanding of different points of view and educating staff about how to avoid conflict in the first place” (1).
• Regulatory Issues and Conflict
• Nurse Leader Role: Conflict Strategy
• An Example of Failed Conflict Management from a Nurse Leader Role
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Identify two reasons why learning about conflict management is important when fulfilling a nurse leader role.
• Identify the five stages of conflict.
• Identify two positive leadership styles.
• Identify the generations in the workforce.
• Identify two regulatory mandates.
|Registration Name||Category||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||Final Fee||02 Jul, 2024||USD 30.00|
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the importance of conflict management in a nurse leader role. It will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
Accreditations + Approvals:
• American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
• California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
• Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
• Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
• New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
• Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Toll free Number
Dist of Col, Washington
Nurse Practitioners +1 More