Initial Management of Patients with STEMI is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: April 09, 2021
Course Expires on: April 09, 2024
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Heart Disease is the leading cause of death in adults in the United States. Recent advances in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction have significantly reduced rates of morbidity and mortality. However, these treatments are time-sensitive and necessitate rapid initiation for desirable outcomes. It is an essential part of the initiation process for patients to recognize signs and symptoms of STEMI and seek help immediately. The healthcare providers’ role is to accurately diagnose an MI, regardless of their presentation, and to initiate appropriate treatment. Initial Management of Patients with STEMI will cover timing, protocol, checklists, and more to help improve patient outcomes and reduce morbidity and mortality.
• Delay in Treatment
• Reperfusion Checklist for Evaluation of the Patient with STEMI
• Example of Interventional Protocol from the American College of Cardiology
• Acute Management of Patient with STEMI Symptoms
After completing this course, the learner will be able to
• Understand the importance of rapid diagnosis and treatment of patients experiencing STEMI.
• Understand the various steps and process related to checklists and protocols in managing a patient experiencing an acute STEMI.
• Understand the basics of the Door to Balloon Protocol from the American College of Cardiology.
• Understand the management and treatment of patient in the ED for treatment of MI and how it leads to reperfusion therapy.
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss about the initial management of patients with STEMI. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
Accreditations + Approvals:
• American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
• California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
• Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
• Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
• New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
• Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.