- Nursing - New York
Infection Control and Barrier Precautions is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: January 01, 2021
Course Expires on: January 01, 2024
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
The healthcare industry is held accountable to keep patients safe with nursing having a pivotal role. Nurses must adhere to the guidelines set in place to ensure that care is aimed at infection prevention for both healthcare workers and patients. Modes and mechanisms of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the healthcare setting and strategies for prevention control are necessary. Use of engineering and work practice controls to reduce the opportunity for patient and healthcare worker exposure to potentially infectious material in all healthcare settings. Creation and maintenance of a safe environment for patient care in all healthcare settings through application of infection control principles and practices for cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilization.
• Element I
• Element II
• Element III
• Element IV
• Element V
• Element VI
• Element VII
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Understand core principles of infection control.
• Understand basic infection control practices and how to apply them.
• Understand sepsis and the core elements of sepsis treatment and recognition.
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss infection control and barrier precautions. It will take the average learner 240 minutes to complete.
Accreditations + Approvals
• American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
• California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
• Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
• Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
• New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
• Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.