Human Trafficking is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: January 04, 2021
Course Expires on: January 04, 2024
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Human trafficking is a significant humanitarian issue in the United States and the world that has continued to grow in the past several years despite government and public efforts to combat it. With increasing news coverage of high-profile human and sex trafficking cases, the problem was recently brought into the American public’s eye. However, the results published by the Polaris Project make it evident that human trafficking is not just a problem of the elite or occurring in poorer areas. It is within our own neighborhoods and workplaces.
For healthcare workers in the United States, the war on human trafficking will be won through: gaining the knowledge to recognize the warning signs and specific characteristics of a potential trafficking victim; the most effective ways to intervene, which will enable the victims to gain access to help; and where to garner additional support in addressing the issue.
• Prevalence and Definition
• Risk Factors
• Recruitment Techniques
• Federal Laws
• Mandatory Reporting
• Recognizing Signs and Symptoms
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Define types of human trafficking, trends, and statistics within the United States.
• State the federal and Florida laws surrounding human trafficking and the obligations of healthcare workers to report and offer assistance.
• Identify risk factors, warning signs, and red flags of potential human trafficking victims within a healthcare setting.
• Identify appropriate resources for reporting human trafficking crimes and connecting victims to community resources.
|Registration Name||Category||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||Final Fee||04 Jan, 2024||USD 25.00|
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss human trafficking. It will take the average learner 60 minutes to complete.
Accreditations + Approvals
• American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
• California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
• Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
• Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
• New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
• Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Toll free Number