HIV/AIDS Infection Control is organized by AchieveCE. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 1.0 Contact Hour.
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
This course applies to all healthcare professionals and fulfills the one-time Florida Board requirement for HIV/AIDS by discussing patient care, infection control, testing, public perspectives and legal considerations related to HIV.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
• Define HIV and AIDS.
• Discuss the epidemiology of HIV and AIDS.
• Describe common modes of HIV transmission.
• Describe methods in which HIV may be transmitted in a health care setting.
• Discuss universal precautions and other infection control techniques that can reduce the risk of HIV transmission in health care settings.
• Identify common secondary infections and conditions associated with HIV and AIDS.
• Identify clinical strategies for the prevention and management of HIV and AIDS.
• Discuss federal and Florida laws pertaining to HIV and AIDS, including confidentiality of testing, the treatment of patients, partner notification and reporting requirements, and the offering of HIV testing to pregnant women.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.