Flu Treatment, Symptoms, and Red Flags is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: March 01, 2019
Course Renewed on: February 21, 2022
Course Expires on: February 21, 2025
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Every year approximately 5-20% of the population will fall ill with seasonal influenza. 200,000 of those will become ill enough to require hospitalization. In recent years H1N1 was responsible for an unprecedented number of deaths among young, healthy adults. It is imperative that nurses are able to recognize red flags and symptoms of serious illness related to seasonal influenza. Additionally, it is important that nurses understand the importance of early treatment per CDC guidelines and the limitations of rapid influenza testing. In this course we will discuss these topics and more!
• Current Practice, Barriers and Need for Continued Education
• What is Influenza?
• Prevention: Flu Vaccines
• Standard Precautions
• Recognition and Treatment of Flu: Symptoms
• Testing for Influenza
• Treating Influenza
• “Red Flags” – Potential Complications and What Not to Miss
• Case Study 1
• Case Study 2
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Identify signs and symptoms associated with seasonal influenza and understand the limitations of rapid influenza testing.
• Describe current treatment recommendations by the CDC.
• Explain the “red flag” symptoms and be able to identify serious influenza infections and/or complication
|Registration Name||Category||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||Final Fee||20 Feb, 2025||USD 35.00|
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the diagnosis, treatment, and “red flag” signs for seasonal influenza infections. It will take the average learner 150 minutes to complete.
Accreditations + Approvals
• American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
• California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
• Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
• Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
• New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
• Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Toll free Number
Dist of Col, Washington
Nurse Practitioners +1 More