End of Life Care is organized by AchieveCE. This course has been approved for a maximum of 3.0 Contact Hours.
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
This article walks the reader through the process of caring for a dying person step-by-step, discussing the importance of patient comfort at the end of life, as well as the different methods that may be used to provide this comfort.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
• Understand the specific comfort needs an individual has near the end of life, as well as the strategies and methods that can be used to meet each of those needs
• Know the difference between the various end of life care options available to patients, as well as their intended purposes.
• Make an informed decision about end of life care based on practical issues, as well as the wishes of the individual in question
• Define Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and recognize how these illnesses will change the end-of-life experience for the dying person and his or her loved ones.
• Understand the different approaches that can be used to make healthcare decisions on behalf of a dying loved one.
• Be aware of the different issues that may arise when making important healthcare decisions, as well as how each of these issues can be handled.
• Know what to expect when someone dies, as well as how to recognize the signs that death is near.
• Know what to expect during the grieving process and name strategies that can be used to deal with grief.
• Be aware of the different tools available for end-of-life planning and be prepared to have conversations about end-of-life planning with the individual nearing death.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.