Emergency Response in the Correctional Setting is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: August 26, 2021
Course Expires on: August 26, 2024
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Correctional nurses have limited access to hands-on experience with medical emergencies. Therefore, they must rely on the knowledge and skills they have and adapt them to the correctional setting. This course will discuss how correctional nurses can use the resources they have to provide the best possible care for their patients in an emergency. It will also review the types of emergencies they may encounter and the correctional nurse’s role in managing the emergency.
• Training and Practice
• Patient Assessment
• Types of Emergencies
• Emergency Drills
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Recognize nurse training limitations on dealing with emergency response.
• Help nurses to walk through what is expected in an emergency.
• Identify areas of their practice and preparedness for an emergency and how to rectify them.
• Encourage nurses to practice skills which are rarely used.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.