Drains: Everything You Need to Know is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: March 01, 2019
Course Renewed on: February 23, 2022
Course Expires on: February 23, 2025
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Drains are often placed in patients to allow for drainage of a site. The most common indication for drains is to evacuate abscesses/infection. Nurses caring for patients with drains are often intimidated and overwhelmed. In this CE course you will learn about drain management and how care for patients with drains.
• Types of Drains
• Infections 101: A Brief History of Drains
• Patient Considerations for Percutaneous Drain Placement
• Image-Guided Drainage: How Does it Work?
• Drain Management
• How to Flush a Drain Using a Three-way Stopcock
• Properties of a Well-Functioning Drain
• Is this Normal? Drain Troubleshooting
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Differentiate and describe different types of drains.
• Identify indications for drains.
• Describe the basic management of drains, including basic troubleshooting.
|Registration Name||Category||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||Final Fee||22 Feb, 2025||USD 35.00|
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course you will learn about drain management. It will take the average learner 125 minutes to complete.
Accreditations + Approvals
• American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
• California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
• Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
• Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
• New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
• Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Toll free Number
Pulmonology +3 More
Nurse Practitioners +1 More