Disease Management Clinical Decisions : Insomnia Care: An Integrated Approach is organized by Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education and will be held during Aug 01, 2017 - Aug 01, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Directed to primary care physicians including family practitioners and internists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
Each lesson in the Disease Management Clinical Decisions series is designed to provide a comprehensive review of the clinical presentation, diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, and management strategies for a specific case or cases related to the topic. It also provides questions and multiple-choice answers related to the clinical management of the case along with the rationale for the correct answer. Throughout this case-based lesson, you may proceed to the next question once you answer the question correctly.
After completing the CME activity, the evaluation, and the registration forms, you will have an opportunity to print your CME certificate for your records.
Learning Objectives :
• Define criteria for chronic insomnia, incidence, and the effect of predisposing factors.
• Summarize the two-process model of sleep regulation and discuss the importance of each process in designing treatment strategies for chronic insomnia.
• Use the recommended timing of polysomnography to clarify comorbid sleep disturbances in patients with the complaint of chronic insomnia.
• Describe the various behavioral therapeutic approaches to treating chronic insomnia.
• Compare the complexities of using sleep medications versus behavior-based therapies.
• Compare and contrast modes of action, indications, effectiveness, and side effect profiles of sleep medications.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Psychiatry, Sleep Medicine