CT Scanner: Patient Care and Safety Course
CT Scanner: Patient Care and Safety Course is organized by Medical Professionals.
Approved by the ASRT (American Society of Radiologic Technologists) for 1.5 Category A CE Credits.
License duration: 6 months from purchase date.
Patient care is the most important component of any CT examination. This includes communication with the patient, the procedures that are completed prior to starting an exam, during the exam and finally following the CT examination. Since many CT studies include the injection of contrast media, it also covers how to accomplish the venipuncture and injection and the signs and symptoms to look for if there is an allergic reaction of any type during the contrast injection. We will begin by reviewing why communication is so important when doing a CT scan. Also, we will discuss how radiation interacts with matter, the attenuation principle and its relation with the Hounsfield units of various tissues. We will also look at how we measure doses and methods of reducing patient doses in CT scanning.
• Meets the CE requirements of the following states: California, Texas, Florida, Kentucky, Massachusetts, and New Mexico
• Meets the ARRT® CE reporting requirements
• Explain the importance of patient care while performing a CT scan
• Discuss contrast media injections and possible side effects
• Describe injection techniques used during CT examinations
• List various types of high-risk patients
• Describe the methods used to measure patient dose
• Understand the role of the CT technologist is reducing patient dose
• Explain why pediatric patients require special consideration
• Discuss the pros and cons of patient shielding
• List methods used in personnel protection
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CE Credits : 1.5
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine