Breastfeeding and Baby Friendly Hospitals is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: March 01, 2018
Course Renewed on: February 21, 2022
Course Expires on: February 21, 2025
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Breastfeeding is a natural biological process that has many benefits for human infants, children, and mothers. The promotion and preservation of successful breastfeeding during the first 2 years of life and beyond is a public health issue that can have long term positive effects on global health and survival, nutrition goals, as well as the economy and environment. In this course we will discuss strategies that nurses can use to promote successful breastfeeding based on CDC guidelines and other relevant evidence.
• Current Practice
• Global Implications: The Benefits of Breastfeeding
• The Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative: Standards for Hospitals and Birthing Centers to Improve Breastfeeding Goals
• The International Code of Marketing of Breast milk Substitutes
• Widespread Promotion of Breastfeeding
• Case Studies
• Moving Forward: The Future of Breastfeeding
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Explain the importance of breastfeeding in relation to mother and infant health.
• Describe the barriers mothers face when attempting to breastfeed.
• List and describe strategies nurses can use to increase breastfeeding compliance.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.