Bioterrorism in Nursing is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: March 23, 2021
Course Expires on: March 23, 2024
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
With advancements of science and developments in microbial genetics, there is heightened concern regarding the abuse of these discoveries for acts of terrorism and war. Effective preparedness is a crucial asset to have in the management of an attack. Nurses and other healthcare practitioners play a vital role in this preparedness. It is essential that they have some knowledge of the prevention and control practices as well as knowledge of the various biological, chemical, nuclear, and radioactive agents that may be used in a potential intentional attack. Arming healthcare providers with expertise in preparedness, management, and treatment will allow for a smoother transition of action if a public health emergency ensues. It is vital for nurses to understand bioterrorism in nursing as nurses would play a major role in treatment of individuals affected by such an event.
• Classification of Biological Weapons
• Biological Agents
• Chemical Agents
• Radioactive & Nuclear Agents
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Syndromic Surveillance & Reporting Procedures
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Define the different between a bioterrorist attack and an act using weapons of mass destruction.
• Understand the classification system of biological weapons.
• Understand the major types of Class A biological weapons, how they can be used, and treatment for exposure.
• Understand the different types of Chemical agents, how they can be used, and treatment for exposure.
• Understand the different uses of radioactive and nuclear agents, and how to manage treatment for exposure.
• Identify the different types of PPE that should be used in a bioterrorist attack.
• Understand how syndromic surveillance is used in identifying potential acts of bioterrorism, the reporting procedures and the use of the Health Alert Network.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.