Biologic Therapies: Precision Medicine in the Biologic Era Online Monograph is organized by Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Release Date: July 26, 2017
Expiration Date: July 26, 2019
Estimated Time of Completion: 1 hour
The online series is designed for rheumatologists, allergists/immunologists, dermatologists, internal medicine physicians, and associated allied health practitioners, including nurse practitioners, nurses, and physician assistants interested in or using biologic therapeutics for autoimmune and inflammatory disorders.
The Biologic Therapies VII: Precision Medicine in the Biologic Era Online Monograph features international, multi-disciplinary faculty of experts critically appraising recent basic laboratory breakthroughs in terms of their potential clinical implications and providing in-depth analyses of approved agents, new agents, predicting toxicity, clinical controversies, and new indications.
• Describe recent advances in biologic drug development, regulations, and indications in immune-mediated inflammatory diseases (IMIDs).
• Critically appraise data on genetics and personalized medicine as applied to rheumatic diseases and IMIDs.
• Analyze recent investigations on efficacy and toxicity of biologic agents across IMIDs.
• Detail current knowledge related to predicting outcomes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
• Summarize updates in diagnosis, classification, therapies, and immune-system targets in both psoriatic arthritis (PsA) and spondyloarthopathies (SpA) and describe their clinical implications.
• Critically assess clinical data on biologic use in immune-related diseases in the areas of pulmonary disease, dermatology, metabolic bone diseases, and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
• Develop strategies to predict, prevent, and treat comorbid complications of biologic therapy including cardiovascular disease and serious infections.