Bioterrorism for Healthcare Professionals is organized by AchieveCE. This course has been approved for a maximum of 4.0 Contact Hours.
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
This course is designed to provide health care professionals with a deeper understanding of the various agents that may be used in a bioterrorism attack, the treatment protocols that may be utilized during such attacks, and recommended guidelines for reporting attacks and creating a bioterrorism disaster plan.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Define biological, chemical, and radiological bioterrorism.
• Identify the role of the health care provider in the event of a bioterrorism attack.
• Identify common bacterial and viral agents that may be used in a bioterrorism attack.
• Describe the steps that should be taken in response to various biological agents.
• Identify various toxins that may be used in a bioterrorism attack.
• Describe the appropriate response to an attack using various toxins.
• Describe the steps that should be taken following a chemical attack.
• Describe the ways in which terrorists may commit a radiological attack.
• Describe the various treatments that may be used following radiation exposure.
• Describe the various types of personal protective equipment that may be used when dealing with a biological, chemical, or radiological attack.
Refunds are available if you cancel within 14 days of order confirmation and haven't started any courses. Note that online transaction charges will be deducted. No refund if courses are started during the cancellation period