Basics of CT Brain Perfusion Course
Basics of CT Brain Perfusion Course is organized by Medical Professionals.
Approved by the ASRT (American Society of Radiologic Technologists) for 1 Category A CE Credit.
License duration: 6 months from purchase date.
Perfusion Computed Tomography is a noninvasive imaging technique that provides quantitative evaluation of the brain (Cerebral Perfusion), by generating maps of Cerebral Blood Volume (CBV), Cerebral Blood Flow (CBF), and Mean Transit Time (MTT). Brain Perfusion CT is mainly used for the diagnosis of cerebral ischemia, the evaluation of vasospasm, and the assessment of regional perfusion following a severe head trauma. This article provides a general overview of Brain Perfusion CT, including image acquisition, data processing, technical limitations, and major clinical applications.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to brain perfusion CT, how it works, main technical considerations and injection protocols. It highlights the technical limitations and the clinical applications behind this exam.
Brain perfusion CT is a Computed Tomography technique that is used to provide detailed information about the blood flow in the brain vessels. This technique is primarily used for clinical diagnosis cases like ischemic stroke, Trauma, brain cancer, and many other diseases.
Over the past years, the implementation of new technology has positively affected the performance of the brain perfusion CT exam. At the present time, we are able to acquire a higher resolution and improved coverage of perfusion CT maps at a much lower radiation dose.
• Meets the CE requirements of the following states: California, Texas, Florida, Kentucky, Massachusetts, and New Mexico
• Meets the ARRT® CE reporting requirements
• Understand the basic principles of a brain perfusion CT
• Identify the different technical considerations for a Brain perfusion CT
• Know the different perfusion parameters such as CBV, CBF and MTT
• Identify the technical limitations of this technique
• Develop the expertise of the technologists by showing some clinical cases
- CE Credits : 1
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine