Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is organized by AchieveCE. This course has been approved for a maximum of 4.0 Contact Hours.
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
This course provides those in the medical and mental health professions and those responsible for providing essential social, educational, and other services with an overview of autism spectrum disorder, also known as ASD. The goal is to familiarize the participant with current strategies for managing ASD in order for affected individuals and their families to enjoy the highest quality of life possible.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Describe how ASD affects language, motor, cognitive, social, and emotional behavior.
• Describe the predominant theories regarding the causes of autism.
• Describe the role that neural anomalies may play in the development of autism.
• Identify disorders that are similar to autism and how they can be differentiated.
• Identify the diagnostic criteria for ASD.
• Describe treatments and methods for managing ASD.
• Identify the types of educational options that are available to children with ASD.
Refunds are available if you cancel within 14 days of order confirmation and haven't started any courses. Note that online transaction charges will be deducted. No refund if courses are started during the cancellation period