Antibiotic Management is organized by AchieveCE. This course has been approved for a maximum of 6.0 Contact Hours.
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
This course discusses antibiotic resistance, the reasons for inappropriate prescribing and the role of the pharmacist in raising awareness of antibiotic resistance in the community.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
• Characterize the problem of antibiotic resistance and describe trends in antibiotic resistance among respiratory pathogens in the United States.
• List the most common reasons for inappropriate prescribing of antibiotics by health care providers.
• Describe how healthcare professionals can be involved in addressing antibiotic resistance in the community.
• Determine the healthcare professionals practice activity domains in public health initiatives and responses and promotion of safe medication use in society (CAPE 3-1-D-i).
• Identify the goals and objectives of the Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work program.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.