Abdominal and Pelvic Radiography Course
Abdominal and Pelvic Radiography Course is organized by Medical Professionals.
This Article has been approved for a maximum of 1.75 Category A CE Credits.
License duration: 6 months from purchase date
For many years, X-rays were used for imaging different organs of the human body using different methods of positioning and variable technical factors. This course helps radiologic technologists understand the different steps to obtain accurate, consistent images according to body type, the abdominopelvic anatomy, and the pathologies that may affect the quality of the image.
Knowing that there are four body habitus and that anatomy differs from one type to another, this course presents the technical modifications that radiographers shall apply to avoid any unexpected error caused by the anatomy of the patient. In addition, it describes the abdominopelvic image details that shall be clarified, allowing physicians to diagnose the cases of different patients.
This course also describes the best patient position to reduce magnification, as well as the high voltage and the exposure time product required to obtain better images of the abdomen and pelvis. Finally, the course defines the stochastic and non-stochastic effects of radiation, helps to organize the procedures to carry out physician orders, and describes how to use shielding appropriately during imaging to reduce the patient’s exposure to radiation
• Meets the CE requirements of the following states: California, Texas, Florida, Kentucky, Massachusetts, and New Mexico
• Accepted by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
• Meets the ARRT® CE reporting requirements
• List all the steps to perform abdominal and pelvic imaging
• Identify common abdominal and pelvic pathologies
• Understand the concept of magnification and know how to apply it
• Ensure that physicians’ imaging orders are carried out correctly and at the right times
• Apply appropriate patient shielding to reduce the patient dose
- CE Credits : 1.75
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine