CME : 3
Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast: Opioid Edition is organized by Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD).
Course opens: 01/04/2018
Course expires: 12/31/2020
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This is a three-hour long podcast series - (10) episodes - that are interviews recorded for self-paced listening. Mayo Clinic physicians discuss the new opioid prescribing guidelines and share real-life examples from their practice. The topics include assessing the patient’s candidacy for opioid therapy, and when deemed appropriate, what drug, duration and dose is recommended. Addiction and opioid use disorder are also discussed.
Upon completion of this program, learners should be able to:
• Identify when it is appropriate to initiate or continue opioid therapy for a patient.
• Select the best opioid medication, dosage, and duration for a patient identified as a good candidate for opioid therapy.
• Recognize the risks of opioid therapy and recommend treatment options for opioid use disorder.
• Recall non-pharmacological and implantable device alternatives for the treatment of pain and ongoing pain management.
This course is appropriate for physicians, nurse practitioners, physicians’ assistants, nurses and pharmacists; and particularly relevant for primary care physicians who maintain and monitor patients on chronic opioid therapy.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||30 Dec,2020||USD 50.00|
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine