Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and the Eye Course
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and the Eye Course is organized by Pacific University.
Expiration Date: July 1, 2021
Credits: 1.00 credits.
This course will cover the ocular and visual consequences of the common connective tissue disorder, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), including diagnostic criteria, effects on the ocular adnexa, anterior and posterior segments, refractive error, and binocular vision. Updated for 2018.
• Diagnose and treat exposure keratoconjunctivitis from lagophthalmos and mast cell destabilization in EDS
• Diagnose diplopia and divergence insufficiency from CN VI palsy in EDS
• Diagnose and treat visual snow secondary to reduced ophthalmic arterial perfusion and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) in EDS
• Diagnose and co-manage direct and indirect carotid-cavernous fistula in EDS
• Diagnose and treat idiopathic intracranial hypertension and optic nerve swelling in EDS
• Be aware of secondary autoimmune diseases caused by EDS
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- Credits : 1
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine