Beyond the Guidelines: Biomarker Assessment and Targeted Therapy for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (Audio Program)
Beyond the Guidelines: Biomarker Assessment and Targeted Therapy for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (Audio Program) is organized by Research To Practice (RTP).
Release date: November 01, 2020
Expiration date: November 30, 2021
Audio Program: Research To Practice designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component and a short post-test, enables the participant to earn up to 2.5 (audio)
• Coordinate comprehensive biomarker analysis for patients diagnosed with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC), and use the results to guide evidence-based care.
• Develop a long-term care plan for individuals with mCRC, considering patient and disease characteristics, including biomarker profile, tumor location, prior systemic therapy, symptomatology and personal goals of treatment.
• Appreciate published research data documenting the efficacy of the BRAF inhibitor encorafenib in combination with the EGFR inhibitor cetuximab for patients with relapsed/refractory mCRC and a BRAF V600E mutation in order to optimally incorporate this therapeutic strategy into current clinical algorithms.
• Appraise the FDA approvals of nivolumab, pembrolizumab and the combination of nivolumab/ipilimumab for patients with microsatellite instability-high or mismatch repair-deficient mCRC, and appropriately integrate these agents into current nonresearch treatment algorithms.
• Educate patients with mCRC about side effects associated with approved and investigational targeted agents and immunotherapies, and develop a plan to optimally recognize and manage these toxicities.
- CME : 2.5
- MOC : 2.5
This program is intended for medical oncologists, hematology-oncology fellows and other allied healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine