Virtual Live LSVT BIG Training and Certification Course (Jan 15 - 16, 2021)
Virtual Live LSVT BIG Training and Certification Course is organized by LSVT Global, Inc. and will be held from Jan 15 - 16, 2021.
The Virtual Live LSVT BIG Training and Certification Course qualifies for a minimum of 13.25 continuing education hours (1.325 CEUs) for PTs, PTAs, OTs and OTAs. This course content is not intended for use by any participants outside the scope of their license or regulation. The live and online formats of this course have been pre-approved by multiple state APTA chapters, PT associations or boards. The Virtual Live course format has been submitted for approval in states where pre-approval is required.
The Virtual Live LSVT BIG Training and Certification Course is a mix of online pre-recorded learning and virtual live interactive learning designed to train physical and occupational therapy professionals and students in an evidence- based, intensive, treatment program for individuals with Parkinson's disease.
What Will you Learn?
The LSVT BIG Virtual Online Training and Certification Course is a mix of online, pre- recorded learning and virtual live interactive learning designed to train physical and occupational therapy professionals and students in an evidence-based, intensive, treatment program for individuals with Parkinson's disease. The fundamental treatment principles and rationale, key treatment elements, efficacy data supporting treatment outcomes, details of treatment tasks, and practical delivery will be covered. Teaching techniques include both live and pre-recorded lecture, live and video demonstrations, live instructor led exercise practice, live Q & A, and case study presentations.Discussion will be included on application to other neural disorders and personalization of the treatment to meet the unique functional goals of each patient.
Upon conclusion of this course, participants (Physical and Occupational Therapy Professionals and Students) will be able to:
• Describe three paradigm shifts unique to LSVT BIG treatment.
• Provide rationale for using a single target of amplitude when workingwithpatients with Parkinson's disease.
• Correctly identify at least three key principles used in LSVT BIG that driveactivity dependent neuroplasticity.
• Discuss efficacy findings that support use of LSVT BIG for personswithParkinson's disease.
• Provide the rationale for each of the Maximal Daily Exercises.
• Describe the correct performance techniques of the LSVT Maximal DailyExercises.
• Given patient scenarios of patients with Parkinson's disease with variouslevels of function, describe how to adapt or progress LSVT BIG treatment.
• Correctly list 5/5 teaching techniques unique to LSVT protocols.
• Differentiate between Functional Component Tasks, Hierarchy Tasks, andCarryover tasks.
• Identify the purposes of Functional Component Tasks, Hierarchy Tasks, andCarryover Tasks.
• Provide an example of calibration in LSVT BIG.
• Synthesize data from patient interview, examination, stimulability tests andresults of standardized tests to determine if the patient will benefit from LSVTBIG treatment.
- CE Hours : 13.25
- CEUs : 1.325
Session Broucher : Download Session Broucher
Physical and Occupational Therapists, Physical and Occupational Therapy Assistants, and students enrolled in those programs
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine