Trauma Education (Day 1-4) with Dr Leah Giarratano Livestream Sep (16 - 24, 2021)
Participating in this event earns:
• 32 CPD hours
• 28 CPD hours for members of the Australian Association of Social Workers (expires 31/12/20)
• 28 CPE hours (Level 2) for members of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (expires 8/1/21)
• 20 OPD points for members of the Australian Counselling Association (expires 4/12/20)
• 17 PDP hours Educational Activity/Performance Review for members of Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (2020-2022)
• 28 CPD hours can be claimed if you are a mental health graduate and/or employed in a mental health role as a practitioner/clinician
This interactive four-day Livestream session is produced for all mental health professionals in the United Kingdom (UTC +1) and surrounding timezone regions (UTC and UTC +2). The content is appropriate to both adult and adolescent populations. It is produced between 9 am and 5 pm British Daylight Time. Take note that if you live in Brisbane, Australia, there is a -9hr time difference (ie., 6 pm start in Brisbane). You will require a constant high-speed internet connection of at least 10 Mbps per day. The Livestream is passed over two days, one week apart and you have access to a two-hour trauma case study group Livestream to apply the skills taught.
You will be expected to commit 14 hours of your time to participate in Days 1-2 (7 hours each day) and another 14 hours for Days 3-4, with printed copies of your handouts mailed to you before access is granted. The total time commitment for the four days and the case study group is 32 hours of trauma-focused professional development. The Livestream workshops are as follows:
• Treating PTSD with Dr. Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) Livestream on 16 -17 September 2021 between 9 am and 5 pm British Daylight Time with online access to program material from 17 September to 17 October 2021
• Treating Complex Trauma with Dr. Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) Livestream on 23 - 24 September 2021 between 9 am and 5 pm British Daylight Time with online access to program material from 24 September to 24 October 2021
• Trauma Case Study Group with Dr. Leah Giarratano on 5/11/21 between 9 am and 11 am British Daylight Time (participation is optional and included in your fee)
In order to ensure you receive printed materials on time by mail, registrations are not accepted after 20/8/21.
To assist you to strengthen your learning, you will also have one-month access to Leah’s pre-recorded online training package. Please note that this is not solely a recording of a past live event. This is an education package specially designed and produced to be worked through online, presented throughout by Dr. Leah Giarratano, incorporating lectures, real cases, learning quizzes, and structured practical exercises to complete in your own time. Further details will be provided upon registration. As part of your registration, you have complimentary have access to a two-hour trauma case study group Livestream on 5/11/21 to apply the skills presented in the training to two cases. This case study group is open exclusively for training mental health clinicians who register in the two online modes of Trauma Education (Days 1-4). The first hour will be devoted to a PTSD case and the second hour to a CPTSD case. The trauma case study time commitment will also include two hours of preparation per group and a total of four hours of active professional development.
For more details about the content of this four-day training, please refer to the descriptions provided for Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano (Day 1-2) and for Treating Complex Trauma with Dr. Leah Giarratano (Day 3-4) on Talomin Books
About the program author/presenter
Leah Giarratano is a doctoral-level clinical psychologist with vast clinical and teaching expertise in traumatology, working in this area in since 1995. Leah is the author of seven books covering the assessment and treatment of psychological trauma and in the application of CBT.
Registration fee and payment is in Australian Dollars $1,390 Australian Dollars (or approximately £778 GBP)
- CPD Hours : 32
This program is intended for all mental health professionals. Counsellors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, counselling general medical practitioners, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychotherapists and social workers are all welcome to attend.
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 1 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine