Speak My Culture- Latinx Medical Cultural Competency Training (Jan 16, 2021)
Organized by : Rios Associates
Specialities : Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, Cardiology, Pulmonary Medicine, Pharmacy and Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Occupational Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Obstetrics and Gynecology, OBGYN and Women's Health
Speak My Culture- Latinx Medical Cultural Competency Training is organized by Rios Associates and will be held on Jan 16, 2021.
7 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits will be issued. Up to 45 AMA Category 1 CME credits can be obtained through completing our self study exams.
Since 1983, Rios Associates has offered CME Medical Spanish and Cultural Competency trainings to doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and other related positions.
Our mission is to help you better serve the Latino community by teaching medical Spanish and cultural competency to healthcare providers.
Our Speak My Culture-Latinx Medical Cultural Competency Training consists of understanding the challenges within the Latino patient community and obtaining tips, tools and strategies to better equip you in providing culturally appropriate and sensitive care to your Latino patients.
This method is highly suitable for those with limited time who would like to build rapport and trust with their Latino patients in an efficient manner.
• Introduce oneself in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner
• Utilize an interpreter effectively and efficiently and still connect with your Latino patient throughout the visit
• Improve rapport and engagement with Latino patients
• Promote preventive care and expand knowledge of culture bound syndromes
• Have a better understanding of the Latino culture in relation to the medical setting
• Secure a successful patient interview
• Connect more effectively through Telemedicine
• Enhance education and patient compliance
• Speak some key phrases and common courtesies in Spanish
- CME : 7
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 1 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine