Overview of Yoga Therapy for Healthcare Providers is organized by Life in Yoga Foundation and will be held from May 22 - 23, 2021.
Location: Live Internet Course over Zoom. It is the individual responsibility of each participant to ensure the adequacy of internet and computer system availability.
Life in Yoga Institute, Inc designates this educational activity for a maximum of 15 AMA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes success (70%+) in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 15 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
To enable participants to understand the potential use of yoga as therapy and consider the application in healthcare practice.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Identify the information on the extent of non-invasive yoga practices available for patients’ health management
• Locate the information on the extent of non-invasive yoga practices available for patients’ health management.
• Develop competency to talk about yoga to their patients as a health management tool.
• Develop competency in simple techniques of yoga that can be applied for patients’ disease care and health management.
• Distinguish resources available to advance education on yoga therapy and complementary medicine.
• Prepare to undertake further training to develop a high degree of expertise in yoga therapy.