AMA PRA Category 1 : 7.75
MSK CME Oncology Acupuncture: From Neuroscience to Patient Wellbeing is organized by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC). This live online course will be held as a fully web-based course on Friday-Saturday, November 6-7, 2020.
MSK CME is pleased to offer Society for Acupuncture Research (SAR) members a discount to attend this symposium.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
National Credentialing Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) Accreditation:
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is an National Credentialing Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) Professional Development Activity Provider #299. Oncology Acupuncture: From Neuroscience to Patient Wellbeing is PDA Course# 299-20 and approved for 7.50 pda points.
This symposium will focus on the neuroscientific mechanisms of acupuncture for pain and symptom management and its application in cancer care. We will connect neuroscience and basic research with clinical evidence for oncology acupuncture symptom management. Our international panelists will also present the progress and challenges of providing acupuncture services in the oncology setting.
The expanded two-day live virtual program will include:
• Dynamic live discussions with global experts on the role of acupuncture in treating cancer pain and other treatment-related side effects including insomnia, cognitive impairment, and gastrointestinal issues
• Presentations and group discussions on acupuncture in the COVID-19 era
• Panels that include patient advocates to highlight the patient perspective with pain and symptom management
• Interactive breakout workshops where you can learn strategies and ideas for implementing oncology acupuncture programs for your organization
• Please note that you must select the workshop you would like to attend at course registration; options include:
○ Designing and Conducting High Quality Acupuncture Clinical Trials in Oncology
○ Building Oncology Acupuncture Programs: Present and Future
○ Challenges and Opportunities of Training Oncology Acupuncturists: Lessons of On-site and Virtual Learning
○ Implementing Acupressure Self-Care Interventions for Oncology Patients
and Healthcare Workers
• Describe the mechanisms of acupuncture involving central modulation and peripheral stimulation
• Evaluate the current evidence of acupuncture for symptom management
• Determine strategies for engaging healthcare providers and health care systems to disseminate and implement acupuncture research findings in cancer care.
This symposium is intended for health care providers (physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, psychologists, social workers, and acupuncturists) who diagnose, manage, and treat side effects of cancer treatment and those who develop programs (administrators) to improve quality of life for people with cancer.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Physicians (MDs, PhDs, and DOs) and Acupuncturists Fee||07 Nov,2020||USD 200.00|
|Advanced Practice Providers (NPs and PAs) Fee||07 Nov,2020||USD 150.00|
|Residents, Fellows, Nurses, and Other Healthcare Providers Fee||07 Nov,2020||USD 125.00|
|Patient Advocates Fee||07 Nov,2020||USD 25.00|
|Industry Professionals Fee||07 Nov,2020||USD 375.00|
SpecialtiesOncology, Geriatrics, Pain Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Occupational Medicine, Thoracic Surgery, Preventive Medicine, Head and Neck Surgery, Radiation Oncology, Thoracic Radiology, Breast Radiology, Internal Medicine, Social Worker Clinical, Integrative Medicine, Nurse Practitioner
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine