American Meditation Institute (AMI) MEDITATION: The Foundation Course of Yoga Science is organized by American Meditation Institute (AMI) and will be held from Mar 23 - Apr 27, 2021.
Time: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm ET
Physicians, PAs & NPs Accreditation (18 CMEs):
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Albany Medical College and The American Meditation Institute. Albany Medical College is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Albany Medical College designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 18 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education (15 Contact Hours):
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Nurses Association Massachusetts (ANA MASS), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
WHAT IS AMI MEDITATION?
In your present situation, you are expected to successfully balance all your personal, professional and family responsibilities. In the process of doing so, you face many expectations and challenges. The AMI MEDITATION curriculum is a time-tested set of practices that will help you transform the debilitating energy associated with the stresses and pressures you are bound to encounter in life.
AMI MEDITATION is an essential survival skill. AMI MEDITATION is a comprehensive set of daily self-care practices that can help you immediately reduce stress and maintain and enhance your short-term and long-term health and well-being. By employing the tools you receive, you’ll be able to fulfill all your personal and professional commitments effectively and rewardingly.
AMI MEDITATION Will Help You:
• Identify and manage the challenges you face that often lead to stress, burnout or interpersonal difficulties.
• Achieve a healthier and more rewarding balance in your life by learning how to actualize the intuitive power of your mind.
During this class Leonard will answer these questions for you:
• Who am I?
• Where have I come from?
• Why am I here?
• What’s to be done?
• Where will I go when the body dies?
Purpose of AMI MEDITATION:
AMI MEDITATION is not simply about limiting or eliminating stressors. It is also about enhancing your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health and well-being.
The purposes of AMI MEDITATION include:
• Strengthening physical and psychological health
• Managing, reducing, and transforming stress
• Honoring emotional and spiritual needs
• Fostering and sustaining relationships.
WHAT THE AMI MEDITATION PROGRAM CAN DO FOR YOU
In 2008, AMI conducted a retrospective case study of participants who recently completed Leonard Perlmutter’s six-week AMI MEDITATION course.
The findings included these positive,life-enhancing, health-promoting changes:
• Significant reductions in stress and fear
• Decreased anxiety and depression
• Lowered blood pressure
• Lowered heart rate
• Improved restorative sleep
• Improved energy levels
• Increased creative capacity
• Diminishment of migraine headaches
• Decrease of irritable bowel symptoms
• Enhanced happiness and optimism
• Reduced cholesterol levels
• Diminished or extinguished acute and chronic pain
• Weight Loss
• Increased breathing capacity