3rd Annual Jefferson Women and Gastroenterology Health Symposium - Virtual Meeting
3rd Annual Jefferson Women and Gastroenterology Health Symposium - Virtual Meeting is organized by Thomas Jefferson University (TJU) and will be held on Feb 19, 2021.
Designation of Credit:
Physicians: This educational activity is designated for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
PA Patient Safety and Risk Credit: The content for this activity qualifies for 1.00 PA Patient Safety and Risk credit.
Nurses: This activity awards 4.83 nursing contact hours.
Nursing Pharmacotherapeutic Credit: The content for this activity qualifies for 0.33 nursing pharmacotherapeutic credits.
Thomas Jefferson University has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 5.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians: This activity awards 5.00 contact hours. Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals: This educational activity is designated for 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Designed for healthcare professionals specializing in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, and Gynecology, this annual program will examine the medical conditions that are unique to women, occur more frequently in women, or present differently in women.
By utilizing emerging scientific and clinical evidence, experts will provide updated approaches to the diagnosis, management, and treatment of common gastrointestinal disorders aimed to improve the care of female patients.
• Approach to Bright Red Blood per Rectum
• IBD Treatment and COVID-19: What's the Risk?
• Bariatric Surgery; Where Are We in 2021?
• The Liver and Alcohol in Women
• Drug Induced Liver Disease: More Common in Women?
• Vitamin Deficiencies and the GI Tract
• Case Presentations
• FEATURED Keynote Lecture on "Women in Medicine: Progress, Barriers, and Equity" from Guest Speaker Amy S. Oxentenko, MD, FACP, FACG, AGA
At the conclusion of this conference, participants should be able to:
• Examine the diverse causes of rectal bleeding in women, and how they vary from men.
• Identify the gender differences that exist in the presentation and pathophysiology of drug related liver diseases and their impact on diagnosis, management, and treatment.
• Evaluate the role and effectiveness of vitamins and their deficiencies in various GI conditions.
• Recognize the manifestations present in females with IBD who contract COVID-19.
• Differentiate the effects of alcohol on the liver in males and females.
• Assess the role and effectiveness of surgical approaches to weight loss based on gender.
• Discuss the advances made by women in medicine, barriers that are faced by them today, and the measures that can be taken to make gender equity possible in medicine.
• Apply course discussion outcomes and strategies to individual and/or team practices as part of a continuing improvement process.
• Recognize individual roles and the roles of others in the healthcare team to interact as a dynamic collective unit in the delivering of health services to patients.
• Employ a communication strategy that merges observations, expertise, and decisionmaking of the healthcare team to optimize patients’ care.
- CE Credits : 5
- CME : 5
- CNE : 4.83
This course is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, registered dietitians, and other healthcare professionals specializing in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, and Gynecology.
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 3 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine